Support the conservationists of tomorrow
to Rewild Our World
Conservation is delivered by people and by investing
in those people we are creating the next generation of conservationists around
can enable a global community of conservation professionals to join our mission
of rewilding the world by supporting Durrell Conservation Academy. With more trained conservationists,
equipped with the skills to deliver more impactful and effective conservation
action, wildlife and wild spaces have a greater chance of survival. Together with your support, we can develop, share and apply
the skills needed to more conservationists and projects worldwide.
Your support makes a real impact (see here for some of the evidence of our training
- 6000 people have trained at Durrell from 151 countries
- 234 days of training were delivered to more than 430 conservation professionals and students in 2019
- 100% of our 2018 and 2019 DESMAN cohorts reported one year later that they were still applying skills taught during training
- £400,000 will cover all costs of Durrell Conservation Academy and its associated training programmes for one year
Durrell’s training will enable conservation leaders and organisations around our rewilding sites to deliver more effective
conservation and make a meaningful difference to the health of our planet.
However, we cannot do it alone. The generosity of people and organisations such as yourself are vital to our success.
Whether you are an individual, a business or a grant making organisation you really can help us to change and improve lives by developing skills, knowledge and behaviours, that are then used to drive widespread change for nature by delivering more effective, on the ground
Without you, this vital part of our work would not be possible, and species would be at an even greater risk of extinction.
Donate today and be a part of the solution.
- £4,200 allows us to run our library for a year, enabling our students to access a diverse range of conservation resources
- £6,500 helps us to run our Learning Management System for a year, providing our students and alumni with training material and considerable ongoing CPD opportunities
- £7,000 allows us to provide our DESMAN student group with bespoke professional training in Management & Leadership, formally certified by the Chartered Management Institute
- £10,000 will fund a DESMAN scholarship which enables students (such as Lovasoa, Ben and Arista below) to develop their skills to become more competent conservation professionals
- £13,300 will fund a two-year Professional Development Programme scholarship (DESMAN course plus bespoke mentoring and support)